Source: Crime and Corruption Commission – Queensland
The Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) is a statutory body set up to combat and reduce the incidence of major crime and corruption in the public sector in Queensland. Its functions and powers are set out in the Crime and Corruption Act 2001.
|Occupational group||Justice & Legal|
|Workplace Location||Brisbane – North|
|Job ad reference||QLD/316802|
|Job duration||4 months (with possible extension)|
|Contact person||Paul Alsbury|
|Contact details||3360 6041|
The ideal applicant will demonstrate capability in the following requirements:
- Knowledge of criminal or administrative law and its application and a knowledge, or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge, of the Crime and Corruption Act 2001 and other relevant legislation and the Commission’s policies and procedures, preferably demonstrated by relevant experience of or in a public sector agency or other law enforcement agency.
- Ability to analyse complex legal and factual issues to make high quality decisions and judgments to provide expert legal advice and to meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment.
- Well developed written communication skills including the ability to prepare briefs of evidence, legal process documents, detailed reports and correspondence covering legal and factual issues.
- Well developed interpersonal and oral communication skills including the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, and to liaise and consult effectively with other officers in the Commission and with external stakeholders.
Qualifications/ Professional Registrations/ Other Requirements:
- Certified copies of all qualifications must be produced at time of interview.
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in law is a requirement. Qualifications acquired from an overseas educational institution will only be accepted where the qualification has been recognised to an equivalent level in accordance with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Admission, or eligibility for immediate admission, as a Legal Practitioner, Barrister or Solicitor in an Australian jurisdiction.
For more detailed information, including how to apply, download the role description.
For any inquiries, please contact Paul Alsbury on telephone (07) 3360 6041 or email Paul.Alsbury@ccc.qld.gov.au.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
For more information about working with the CCC, visit www.ccc.qld.gov.au/careers
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.