Source: State of Victoria Local Government 2
Friday 27 March 2020
The Gleadell Street Market is going ahead tomorrow, from 7am to 1pm. Social distancing and other safety measures will be in place. If these aren’t followed, the market will be immediately closed.
Here are a few guidelines to keep everyone safe:
- We’ll be limiting the numbers of people in the market at any one time.
- Expect queues, so please be patient.
- Exit the market quickly after you’ve finished shopping so others can enter.
- Keep 1.5m apart at all times.
- Don’t stay and socialise.
- Use contactless payments and avoid cash
- Try not to handle the produce where you can.
- Wash produce thoroughly before you eat.
- Stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- If you must cough, do so into your elbow or a clean tissue and throw it away.
Handwashing facilities are available in nearby Citizens Park, which will be cleaned regularly. Markets are considered an essential service, as they are an important source of fresh produce for our community and support our local businesses.